Direct Support Professional (DSP) - Overnight
- Behavior should be professional at all times and consistent with TOBOLA’s culture, mission, values, philosophy, and policies and procedures, including treating clients and others with dignity and respect.
- Assist clients in maintaining safe and healthy lifestyles, and monitor for changes in their general health, appearance, behavior, and patterns of activities.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment for clients at all times.
- Provide training and assistance to all clients in making healthy dietary choices, and following any pre-established orders by medical professionals.
- Plan and support clients in daily activities, which may include, but not limited to, household chores, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, and money management.
- Responsible for assisting clients with personal hygiene skills and tasks, including assisting with bathroom responsibilities, ensuring clients complete shaving, brushing teeth, bathing/showering, shampooing, and dressing appropriately for the weather and type of activities.
- Complete electronic and paper documentation of supports provided, to meet TOBOLA, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
- Complete required, on-going training requirements within TOBOLA and state required timeframes and meeting region required competency levels.
- Report to work on time, and if unable to report to work, or if there is a need to come to work late, or leave early, follow TOBOLA’s approval policy.
- Attend staff meetings and all company required activities.
The ideal candidate will ...
- Be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Have a minimum of a High School Diploma/GED
- Have a Current, Non-Provisional Driver’s License valid in the State of Delaware
- Experience with the developmentally disabled or as a caretaker is preferred but not required
- Be empathetic and have a team approach to care for the consumers
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor
- Be able to attend ten days of in-house orientation on weekdays
- Be able to lift up to 50+ pounds and perform Safe and Positive Approaches
- Have a high level of comfort with hands-on hygiene care (including diapering and showering)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistant Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Appreciation Program
email - HumanResources@tobolainc.com
Phone - (302)389-8448 ext 1
Fax - (302)389-8553
Dover, Delaware, USA
Overnight shift (11 PM - 8 AM / 8 PM - 8AM 8:00PM - 8:00AM
January 11, 2021