Direct Support Professional (DSP)
As a Direct Support Professional, you will:
- Actively assist our individuals with their individualized plans for daily living.
- Ensure our individuals are safe, healthy, and living in a clean environment.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs.
- Plan and participate in community outings.
- Shop for the home’s necessities such as food, clothing, and household items.
- Schedule and transport our individuals to doctor’s appointments, shopping trips, and day programs/schools.
The ideal candidate will ...
- Be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Have a minimum of a High School Diploma/GED
- Have a Current, Non-Provisional Driver’s License valid in the State of Delaware
- Experience with the developmentally disabled or as a caretaker is preferred but not required
- Be empathetic and have a team approach to care for the consumers
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor
- Be able to attend ten days of in-house orientation on weekdays
- Be able to lift up to 50+ pounds and perform Safe and Positive Approaches
- Have a high level of comfort with hands-on hygiene care (including diapering and showering)
Dover, Delaware, USA
3:00PM - 11:00PM
April 7, 2020